First of all, I hope everyone had a wonderful celebration on the 4th. Dave was off work on Friday, so it is making the weekend a long one!
Week two is in the book, and I am moving into week 3 with a comfort that I did not have the previous few weeks.
Thoughts on last week and a menu recap:
- I did less “modifying” this week to reduce the cooking stress. Short-order chef I am not. For the love…
- Breakfasts were great. Oatmeal with fruit and milk, hard boiled eggs, pumpkin waffles and banana pancakes were key.
- Lunches were mostly leftovers thrown into a salad, or a refrig scrounge that made a great meal as a whole. (Brie on approved crackers, fruit, prosciutto, raw veggies)
- Dinners were in flux a bit as we had some last minute plans. We also had more food than was needed which allowed for a leftover night. Fajitas, salmon, and chicken/avocado burgers were amazing! I moved the chicken quinoa to tonight, skipped the fish tacos and curry stew, and then had an impromptu dinner at my parent’s house for the 4th. I brought some pastured rib-eyes and chicken thighs to bbq, along with a salad and watermelon. SO good.
- I was able to resist treats and wine which might mean that my tastes are changing a bit. We shall see if I dive into a tub of cookie dough once this detox is complete. 🙂
Here is what is on the menu for this week:
Monday: Scallops with orange, avocado and quinoa. I have made this a few times, and it is a winner every time. Plus I will have leftover quinoa from Sunday that will be lovely in this meal.
Tuesday: Pork tenderloin with steamed broccoli.
Wednesday: Beef tacos using this recipe for stew meat. I will just have the meat with grilled veggies, or I will put it in lettuce. Dave can add tortillas if he wants.
Thursday: Leftover night! I have evening plans, so the boys will be eating the items in the fridge, and I will pack something to bring to my event.
Friday: Shrimp with zucchini noodles.
Saturday: Whole chicken will be cooked to supply chicken for a few meals/lunches. The first one will be a Strawberry chicken salad with a strawberry vinaigrette that is also in the recipe. (Can.not.wait to make this y’all)
Sunday: Chicken salad with the remains of the whole chicken, plain yogurt, a touch of dijon, salt/pepper, sliced grapes, sliced apples and almonds. I will have mine in a lettuce wrap and Dave will most likely choose a sandwich.
Eat well this week friends!